There are several tools to restore the files which were mistakenly deleted. I just found this tool, RESTORATION, which can restore the deleted files. RESTORATION is a free utility, and not a new one, but I found it pretty impressive, have a look at the features, listed below.
- Standalone application.
- Very small .zip download is required (164 KBs).
- Works pretty fast, it took around 63 seconds to scan a 50GBs partition, which produced a list of 18018 deleted files (on Windows 7, 3GB RAM and Intel Core2Duo 2.0GHz processor).
- User interface is pretty simple, as shown above, you just have to select the drive you want to scan, using a dropdown menu, specify the filename or part of it (not necessary though), check/uncheck the parameters, click on ‘Search Deleted Files’, if found the file you are hunting for, simply click on ‘Restore by Copying’.
- I tried recovering some PDF and image files and it worked fine.
- Works fine on all version of Windows (even with Windows 7).
However there is no guarantee when it comes to restoring a file using any application, the time span between deletion and restoration process, and the size of file, both these parameters are inversely proportional to the probability of getting a file restored.
Give it a try if you need a utility to recover deleted files.