This one is an easy one, and most of you will already know how to do this; but for those who don't, I highly recommend learning and doing this ever so often, especially when you get your device where you like it as far as the the 3rd party apps you have loaded on your phone.
1. Connect your device to your computer.
2. Open the Desktop Manager program on your PC.
3. Select the "Device Switch Wizard" on the Main Menu.
4. Select the "Switch Blackberry devices" option.
5. In the "Current Device" option, you should see your PIN, in the "New Device" option, these fields should be and remain blank, and finally in the "Options" field, ONLY SELECT the "Third Party Applications" and leave the other three UNSELECTED. This is VERY IMPORTANT, as this will only save the 3rd party apps on your device to an alx file and a folder.
6. Select the "Next" button and begin the action.
7. When it says, "Plug in or Connect the device you wish to switch to" you need to minimize the program and right click on the Start button(depending on which version of Windows you are running) and do a search of all files, even hidden ones on your hard drive(C: or D:, etc, etc). You are going to search for a file titled "whatever your PIN # is" and also include the temporary files as well. This may take a couple minutes, but you should be able to find it without too much trouble.
8. Once the file is found, save the "File Folder" of your PIN # and you can also save the .alx if you wish, but I believe that will also be located in the file folder that you just saved. Once you have done this; and remember to save it somewhere that you can remember where it is, you can then open back up the Desktop Manager program, and select the "Cancel" option and then you can go to the Main Menu if you like or close Desktop Manager all together, depending on if you have something else you want to do with your device.
9. Finally, that's it!!! You have just saved a copy of all your 3rd party apps that you can access and load onto your device at your will, whenever you like, simply by starting Desktop Manager, Selecting the Add or Update Applications option, and then selecting the Browse option, and then select the folder you have saved and click open, and viola! There they are. I hope you can understand this easily enough, and if not, give me a shout, and I will help walk you through it, step by step.